Future of Family Shelter in Portland
Last evening I sat in on a meeting about the Portland Family Shelter on Chestnut Street.
It has been the subject of concern and the council convened to answer some questions:
* Is the shelter being used properly for the right families and are state and federal funds for this being collected?
*Should the service of providing Family Shelter be discontinued?
*If yes, how can we accomplish this?
*If no what would the impact be?
*What data needs to be collected and presented to make an informed decision about this?
My five favorite options were existing real-estate that would make sense economically, logistically, and would meet the Family's needs. I sent them over to to the council for review. I favor these options because they are in existing building that are for sale or are unused and are perfect choices given the needs of the families who will use them.
Comments
Post a Comment